From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Common make.conf screwups?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:45:44
1 I've got some better vim syntax highlighting rules for make.conf lined
2 up to go into the next app-vim/gentoo-syntax. One of the things that
3 this lets me do is highlighting of (some kinds of) mistakes. What're the
4 most common screwups that people see? My current list is:
5
6 * CFLAGS: -0[123s] instead of -O[123s], -ffast-math globally
7
8 * USE: +foo flags
9
10 * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: random duff entries (syntax is easy enough for me to
11 validate the whole thing)
12
13 * CHOST: there're certain settings that will cause glibc to fall over
14 and die that people who are used to debian/sparc will sometimes use
15
16 * MAKEOPTS: I'm kinda tempted to highlight "-j N" (where n is integer)
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm