From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kportagemaster
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:10:47
1 Hannes Mehnert <hannes@×××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Also, feel free to get the current revision of kportagemaster ;).
4
5 I just got 0.2 from portage. thank you for a great package. after
6 a bit of a review and usage my suggested upgrades would be:
7
8 1) some way of parsing the output from emerge so we get some sort
9 of readable output. \r-usage doesn't go well with the current
10 version.
11
12 2) after I've done an action I'd like to be at the same spot in the
13 tree, with the same view that I had earlier. now the tree
14 collapses and resets itself after doing it's thing. this is
15 rather annoying. the most correct behavior is probably to let
16 jobs just run, and not interfere with the GUI at all. this
17 does, however, pose some other troubles, like transparently
18 updating the tree(s). but it would be neat. expanded to
19 allowing several tasks at the same time sometime into the
20 future. ;-)
21
22 3) we have "all", and "merged" panes. I can live without the
23 "non-merged" one, but can I get '*' instead of a '+' for
24 categories including packages that have duplicates installed?
25 that would make kportagemaster a nice graphical alternative to
26 pkg-clean.
27
28 4) I'm not big on pop-up windows telling me about status of
29 things. a statusbar-based progressbar might suffice, but it's
30 no biggie.
31
32 anyhow, in case you're in doubt it's all very nice work!
35 Terje