From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: review required by herd? (new ebuild)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 03:15:28
On Sat, 26 May 2012 02:33:06 +0200
hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:

> What's the official policy, so everyone can be clear about this?
It's not a requirement, except when it is. :) Some projects are territorial. Games is one. I imagine adding something to kde, gnome, or xfce categories without contacting those guys would get you an email. If in doubt I usually file a bug when I'm adding a package and CC them. If they don't respond, I add it. So there is no general requirement to get a review unless the project in question has said otherwise. When in doubt, ask. PS. herds are groups of packages. think sheep. teams/projects manage the herds. -- fonts, gcc-porting toolchain, wxwidgets @ gentoo.org