From: Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages pulling in python-3*, also they dont require it
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:55:23
1 I have a question related to this:
2
3 If I have package X which supports python2 and python 3, and I install
4 it without python3 installed it will only install python2-files
5 (i.e. /usr/lib/python2.x/*), right?
6 What happens if I later install packages Y that is only python3, and
7 relies on the python3 parts of package X? Can this happen and how will
8 the PM handle that (reemerge package X installing the python3 parts or
9 fail to compile package Y due to missing python module)?