From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Chromium in Gentoo project looking for developers
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:58:01
1 If you are a Gentoo developer and are using www-client/chromium, please
2 consider joining the "Chromium in Gentoo" project:
3
4 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/chromium/index.xml
5
6 You don't need to modify or bump packages to join. In fact, I'm rather
7 looking for good testers. We have some bugs to confirm, workarounds and
8 fixes to verify, etc. All bug links are at the project page.
9
10 My plan is to make our Chromium packages even better. I'm working on
11 solid chromium-bin package now (built on Gentoo), and on separating v8
12 to its own package. All this work takes time and effort, so I'm looking
13 for more people to help.
14
15 Hopefully in the near future www-client/chromium will use even more
16 system libraries (I'm working on icu and sqlite). This will require even
17 more testing on Gentoo side, because using system libraries is a
18 scenario that upstream's QA _never_ tests.
19
20 Non-developers can contribute as well, we have a section about Herd
21 Testers on the project page. There are already some people doing great
22 work on that.