From: Dominik Kapusta <ayoy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qt@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: qt4-r2.eclass - new eclass for Qt-based apps
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:14:05
1 On Sunday 29 November 2009 13:46:59 Dominik Kapusta wrote:
2 > Hello guys!
3 >
4 > We, the Qt team, would like to include a new eclass in the tree.
5 >
6 > The qt4-r2 eclass is meant to help with ebuilds for Qt-based (qmake-based,
7 > to be precise) applications.
8 >
9 > The eclass is attached, and here's a short comparison between qt4-r2 and
10 > qt4 (currently in tree) eclasses:
11 >
12 > Removed in qt4-r2:
13 > * obsolete QT4_BUILD_WITH_USE_CHECK and
14 > QT4_OPTIONAL_BUILD_WITH_USE_CHECK hacks.
15 >
16 > Improved in qt4-r2:
17 > * eqmake4 function now behaves similarly to qmake itself, i.e.:
18 > - doesn't assume ${PN}.pro, but searches for the project file if not
19 > specified, just like qmake does
20 > - in some cases is able to figure out the correct project file if there
21 > are several of them in one directory (rare case, but technically
22 > possible)
23 >
24 > New in qt4-r2:
25 > * automatic generation of "linguas_*" IUSE, based on LANGS and LANGSLONG
26 > variables,
27 > * automatic installation of documentation, based on DOCS and DOCSDIR
28 > variables,
29 > * exported src_configure(), src_compile() and src_install() functions
30 >
31 > The qt4-r2 eclass requires EAPI-2.
32 >
33 > We have been developing, testing and constantly improving qt4-r2 in
34 > qting-edge overlay for around a year already. It's working for us and we
35 > find it very handy compared to the old qt4.eclass.
36 >
37 > After pushing qt4-r2 to the tree, we're going to port Qt 4 apps' ebuilds to
38 > qt4-r2 and deprecate qt4.eclass.
41 > Thanks,
42 > Dominik
45 Hey,
46
47 I'm attaching:
48 * the eclass updated according to suggestion from scarabeus,
49 * the diff between the first revision and the current one.
50
51 Changes include:
52 * moving EAPI check to the global scope,
53 * moving documentation around,
54 * passing parameters to inner functions (inherited from base.eclass).
55
56 Please review this one, if there are no objections we'd like to introduce it
57 to the tree in about two weeks time starting from now.
58
59 Thanks a lot,
60 Dominik

qt4-r2.diff text/x-patch