From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: vcs-snapshot-r1.eclass -- a better eclass for VCS snapshots (and others)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:55:05
1 On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:34:32 +0200
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > What is with zipballs from github for example? They are not supported
5 > by this method afais.
6
7 Is there a need for that? Considering that I can't name any snapshot
8 provider which does offer .zip but doesn't offer .tar*, and the fact
9 that .tar* is the format preferred for Linux and smaller, is there
10 a need for that support?
11
12 As the doctext states, I'm open to implementing support for new formats
13 but I'd rather wait with that till it's needed for anything. Tarballs
14 are easy to handle, zips are not.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny