From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: vcs-snapshot-r1.eclass -- a better eclass for VCS snapshots (and others)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:55:05
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:34:32 +0200
hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:

> What is with zipballs from github for example? They are not supported > by this method afais.
Is there a need for that? Considering that I can't name any snapshot provider which does offer .zip but doesn't offer .tar*, and the fact that .tar* is the format preferred for Linux and smaller, is there a need for that support? As the doctext states, I'm open to implementing support for new formats but I'd rather wait with that till it's needed for anything. Tarballs are easy to handle, zips are not. -- Best regards, Michał Górny