From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: So now that we have --quiet-build as default, can we talk about a forced LC_ALL=C again?
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 06:43:20
1 On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 04:50:00 +0100
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Subject says it all. More and more bug attachments appear that have
5 > been generated with non-English locales, and it's a nuisance for both
6 > bug reporters and bug wranglers to request/provide the sane alternative
7 > that every developer should be able to read.
8
9 How many times have you needed to request build logs in english since the last
10 time you brought this up? How many times have you had to request emerge
11 --info or build logs in general?
12
13 I think adding a note to bugzilla reminding reporters that logs need to be in
14 english would be a better solution than forcing it on everyone.
17 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
18 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
19 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662