From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: qt5
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:41:52
1 On 28/05/2013 01:34, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 27/05/13 18:06, Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> Qt 5 has been available for some time, and we are making preparations to
6 >> move it to the tree. As we will be supporting user choice where packages
7 >> can be build against both Qt 4 and Qt 5, we will require a new global
8 >> USE flag:
9 >>
10 >> qt5 - Adds support for the Qt 5 application and UI framework
11 >>
12 >> Please note that this flag will be immediately masked until Qt 5
13 >> actually makes it to the tree, but is required to do the necessary
14 >> pre-work.
15 >
16 > I suppose there will be an eqmake5 that should be called instead of
17 > eqmake4 when that USE flag is set?
22 Yes, this will part of the future qt5 eclass for packages that require
23 qmake.