From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] openssl 1.0.0 quick test
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:20:29
Hi,

I recently installed the masked openssl 1.0.0_beta5 and tried to rebuild
everything against the new version of openssl.

I know it's probably not very urgend to get on that, but I thought others
might be interested in the status.
- php fails, fix is trivial. I've sent it upstream and it got already applied
to upstream svn:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=50859
- wvstreams fails, fix also trivial and sent upstream, no reply yet:
http://code.google.com/p/wvstreams/issues/detail?id=27
- ruby fails (both the 1.8/1.9 versions from the tree and the latest from the
ruby-overlay), fix seems to be non-trivial. There is some upstream work on it
I haven't tested:

So all in all it's not that much. I'll leave it up to the maintainers of php
and wvstreams if they want to patch their packages or wait till upstream fixes
arrive.

cu,

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:		http://www.hboeck.de/