From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Local classic USE flag - dev-db/firebird
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:23:00
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:50:12 +0000
3 Meir Kriheli <mksoft@g.o> wrote:
4
6 > Hash: SHA1
7 >
8 > Hello,
9 >
10 > Added a new local USE use flag, classic , for the masked
11 > dev-db/firebird-1.5.0.
12 >
13 > With the new version, the default build method changed to SuperServer
14 > (stand alone daemon). classic enables to build the inetd version.
15
16 May I object to the use of "classic" in this case as it implies
17 knowledge of what was there before?
18 I'd like to see it "inetd" or other, preferably descriptive, flag.
19
20 (classic what? the coffee? Mac OS? Vax machines? ;)
21
22 //Spider
23 --
24 begin .signature