From: Rod Roark <rod@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Lilo and Reiserfs
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 10:27:00
1 Hi, I have a couple of comments, and a question.
2
3 Your reiserfs-bashing is obsolete. :-) I've been using it
4 for the past 5 months on a colocated server and find it to
5 be fast, space-efficient and stable. The only stability
6 problem I had was at the very beginning and was traced to
7 faulty memory (reiser seems to be unforgiving of hardware
8 problems).
9
10 Also option "notail" is no longer a requirement with lilo
11 (and I believe grub). This was fixed over a year ago.
12 You can find this info in the lilo changelog.
13
14 Which brings me to my question. I want to use lilo, and I
15 don't want a separate boot partition. However lilo refuses
16 to install without /boot in fstab. How can I get around
17 this?
18
19 Thanks for a GREAT distribution!
20