From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: News: systemd sysv-utils blocker resolution
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 00:38:41
1 Hi all,
2
3 There has been a bit of confusion over a change I made recently. I
4 would like to publish a news item before the relevant version of
5 systemd is marked stable.
6
7 Any suggestions are welcome.
11 Title: systemd sysv-utils blocker resolution
12 Author: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
13 Posted: ????-??-??
14 Revision: 1
15 News-Item-Format: 2.0
16 Display-If-Installed: sys-apps/systemd
17
18 Starting with systemd-236, the sysv-utils USE flag is enabled by
19 default.
20
21 The sysv-utils USE flag controls installation of symlinks for several
22 key commands:
23
24 /sbin/halt -> ../bin/systemctl
25 /sbin/init -> ../lib/systemd/systemd
26 /sbin/reboot -> ../bin/systemctl
27 /sbin/poweroff -> ../bin/systemctl
28 /sbin/runlevel -> ../bin/systemctl
29 /sbin/shutdown -> ../bin/systemctl
30 /sbin/telinit -> ../bin/systemctl
31
32 These commands are otherwise provided by sys-apps/sysvinit. This package
33 is blocked by systemd when the sysv-utils USE flag is enabled.
34
35 If you wish to keep sysvinit (and openrc) installed, you may disable the
36 sysv-utils USE flag locally.
37
38 If you run into unresolvable blockers with sysv-utils enabled, ensure
39 that you do not have any reverse dependencies of sys-apps/sysvinit
40 selected (in your world file).
41
42 Common packages to look for:
43
44 sys-apps/sysvinit
45 sys-apps/openrc
46 net-misc/netifrc
47
48 The equery command from gentoolkit may help track down installed
49 packages that depend on openrc.
50
51 equery depends sys-apps/openrc