From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o, mythtv@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item - MythTV
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 04:46:22
1 On 21:03 Mon 12 Dec , Peter Volkov wrote:
2 > В Птн, 09/12/2011 в 20:38 -0500, Rich Freeman пишет:
3 > > I'm considering sending out this news item in a few days - comments
4 > > are welcome. It is a bit different in tone from a typical news item
5 > > but MythTV has been in not-so-great shape for a while and my goal is
6 > > to reel things in a bit and commit to something we can continue to
7 > > maintain, while soliciting help from the community.
8 >
9 > This does not look like a news item, but more like a project status
10 > update or blog post. Probably it's much better to create webpage (or
11 > news item) on www.gentoo.org and add elog/ewarn to point there. Once
12 > mythtv team changes this information may change, but all users will see
13 > it anyway.
14
15 I like it fine as a GLEP42 news item, I hate it as a news item on the
16 homepage for sure. Seems to me that pointing to the website for
17 plaintext docs like this is kinda defeating the point of these news
18 items. It's certainly more news rather than a long-term useful document,
19 because at some point the change will happen, and then things are just
20 the way they are.
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie
25