From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installing systemd units with gx86 packages
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:30:15
1 On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 09:36:30AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > The number of packages coming with systemd units is growing rapidly
3 > recently, and that especially applies to freedesktop packages.
4 > One side effect of that is that these packages treat systemd
5 > as an automagic dependency, installing systemd units whenever its
6 > pkgconfig file is installed. I already opened two bugs on that [2,3]
7 > but there would be much more...
8 >
9 > That's why I'm asking now: how should we proceed with installing
10 > systemd units?
11 >
12 > My current concept of keeping them separate from gx86 packages is good
13 > for a short early testing period but is a maintenance PITA for a longer
14 > term. And requires either adding '--without-systemdsystemunitdir'
15 > to a growing number of packages or removing the systemd.pc file
16 > (to avoid unit collisions).
17
18 Where is the --without-systemdsystemunitdir option coming from? Is that
19 an option that is being provided by the packages or are you providing it
20 some how?
21
22 William