From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags again (informix, memlimit)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:11:52
1 On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 16:08, Spider wrote:
2 > Icc adds extra dependencies, since the binary must be run with icc
3 > installed, since it links to icc libraries. so its both a compile time
4 > and a runtime dependency.
5 >
6 > jikes, I dont know about, neither about the haskell compiler choice
7 > flags.
8
9 Ofcourse they do have deps, but so does our standard compiler (we don't
10 have gcc listed in every ebuild). I do not question their existance, i
11 question their position in comparison to most other USE flags, compiling
12 options (how do you want to compile) vs. compile time options (what do
13 you want to compile exactly = USE). The suggested division is just a
14 superficial one.
15
16 - foser
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list