From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags again (informix, memlimit)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:11:52
On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 16:08, Spider wrote:
> Icc adds extra dependencies, since the binary must be run with icc > installed, since it links to icc libraries. so its both a compile time > and a runtime dependency. > > jikes, I dont know about, neither about the haskell compiler choice > flags.
Ofcourse they do have deps, but so does our standard compiler (we don't have gcc listed in every ebuild). I do not question their existance, i question their position in comparison to most other USE flags, compiling options (how do you want to compile) vs. compile time options (what do you want to compile exactly = USE). The suggested division is just a superficial one. - foser -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list