From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: virtual/{cron,dev-manager,inetd,libc,linux-sources,man,os-headers,package-manager,skkserv,ssh,w3m}
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:24:44
In Reply to: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: virtual/{cron,dev-manager,inetd,libc,linux-sources,man,os-headers,package-manager,skkserv,ssh,w3m} by Ulrich Mueller
On 2011-09-22 Thu 01:53, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> In the course of the old-style to new-style transition of virtuals, > I had taken maintainership of several new-style virtual packages.
> After several months have passed without any bugs showing up, I > believe it's time that I drop maintainership of these:
> virtual/cron > virtual/dev-manager > virtual/inetd > virtual/libc > virtual/linux-sources > virtual/man > virtual/os-headers > virtual/package-manager > virtual/skkserv > virtual/ssh > virtual/w3m
> As these are virtuals, I won't expect that there will be much > maintenance required. Also, all of them will fall back to (at least) > one herd. Please check the respective metadata.xml files for details.
Personally I don't see why all of these need specific maintainers beyond the herds they fall under already, especially if they are very low maintenance. Tim