From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Grub with nice graphics
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:10:02
1 Den 22 Aug 2001 22:44:01 -0700 skrev Taras:
2
3 > I think the biggest improvement to gui stuff in gentoo would be
4 > borrowing debian's menu systems. They got a unified menu system for all
5 > managers included in debian. I think almost every x app has an entry
6 > there. Mandrake and Connectiva already borrowed it, it would be nice if
7 > gentoo would too.
8
9 Yes, this is in the TODO-system already! But this isn't something that
10 you solve very quickly and I think (without having looked at it) that
11 this will add extra maintainance-cost (which we today can't afford).
12
13 But again, this is without having looked at it.
14
15 Regards,
16 Mikael Hallendal
20 Mikael Hallendal
21 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
22 Stockholm, Sweden