From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Several questions more
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:17:41
1 Bart Verwilst wrote: [Fri Sep 21 2001, 03:42:36PM EDT]
2 > 1? Kdevelop has version 1.4.1 in portage... 2.0.x is out quite a while now
3 > isn't it?
4 > How come everything from KDE is so up-to-date, and only kdevelop is
5 > left behind?
6
7 Probably somebody just needs to update the ebuild.
8
9 > 2? in the Instant Messenger field... a very small range of apps heh.. :'o(
10 > A very good app i haven't seen in portage is Gabber
11 > (http://gabber.sourceforge.net)
12 > Others i frequently use are Kmsn (http://kmsn.sourceforge.net) and
13 > Konverse (http://konverse.sourceforge.net) (although Konverse is VERY
14 > basic and only on
15 > version 0.2, so i understand why it isn't included...)
16
17 Write the ebuilds and send them to gentoo-ebuild@g.o
18
19 > 3? Wouldn't it be nice to have a little bit cleaner(prettier) interface at
20 > the command prompt?
21 > Like when you boot, and all the [ ok ]'s have passed, first the screen
22 > clears, and then
23 >
24 > Gentoo Linux [ kernel 2.4.9-ac10 ]
25 > Enter Login Name:
26 >
27 > or something?
28 > And when you logout, the screen clears again, with the same effect...
29 > I would like that a lot :o) Just a suggestion heh :o)
30
31 Not my personal preference, but you can do this easily by adding some
32 escape codes to the beginning of /etc/issue. Use
33
34 ^[[H^[[J
35
36 where ^[ is actually escape. To get that in vi, type ctrl-v then
37 escape.
38
39 Aron