From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] doman problems
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:17:09
1 I am creating an ebuild for a package and running ebuild
2 packagexxx.ebuild install for testing. I'm having a problem with doman.
3 The install goes well and the package man pages get installed in the
4 image directory under usr/lib/packagename/man in the proper man1, man5
5 directories. These man pages that can be read by using less manpage.x.
6
7 As part of src_install I change to the proper directory
8 (${D}/usr/lib/package/man/man1). I then run doman *.1. From what I see
9 in the ebuild man pages and the doman function code this should place
10 the gzipped man pages in ${D}/usr/share/man/man1. However, this does
11 not happen. The man pages never show up in ${$D}/usr/share/man/man1.
12 In fact I only have a ${D}/usr/share directory and no man directories.
13 Man 5 ebuild says doman should create the necessary directories.
14
15 What am I doing wrong?
16
17 Thanks.