From: Michael Hammer <mueli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:59:31
1 * Jan Kundrát <jkt@g.o> [080915 11:51]:
2 > Michael Hammer wrote:
3 >> But for me it's still questionable why we don't have a gentoo project
4 >> for this important task?
5 >
6 > You mean something like http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/pms.xml ?
7
8 Definitely not ;) I am missing content like:
9
10 - responsible devs
11 - a link to the document source
12 - the procedure description how the PMS is created
13 - summary of the history with the core changes for each release (EAPI)
14 aso.
15
16 All this API discussion has a bit of an "only for members" character
17 for me which is IMHO not the way it should be. I am pretty well
18 knowing that writing documentation is a big effort but that's what you
19 have to do if you want to create a standard. I also think that you
20 have to define procedures for modification, evaluation and decision
21 on drafts like we have for GLEPs.
22
23 The next point I am missing is a clean assignment of authority and
24 responsibility. That's of course clear if a procedure is defined.
25
26 g, mueli
30 Michael Hammer | <mueli@g.o> | Graz, AT
31 Gentoo Developer (Kerberos) | http://www.michael-hammer.at