From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OT Who runs Gentoo was -> RFC: Userkit.eclass
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 17:08:56
1 On Saturday, December 3, 2016 5:58:29 PM EST Tobias Klausmann wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Sat, 03 Dec 2016, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
5 > > Google has hired a few core developers as has Gaikai. Both seem
6 > > to be good, though not sure Google is giving back as much given
7 > > their financial benefit. Gaikai isn't selling an OS, but Google
8 > > is based on Gentoo...
9 >
10 > That last bit is not true. While yes, Chrome OS and Core OS had a
11 > Gentoo base, a lot was done of top of that.
12
13 I realize I left out ChromeOS in the previous comment, last bit. I was not
14 meaning to imply Google ran on Gentoo, just ChromeOS was based on it.
15
16 Thanks for some insight into Google though!
19 William L. Thomson Jr.