From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for September 25
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:41:40
1 On 08:56 Tue 23 Sep , Zac Medico wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
6 > > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even vote
7 > > on, let us know! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole Gentoo dev
8 > > list to see.
9 >
10 > Please vote on deploying the PROPERTIES variable to the cache [1].
11 > Also, please vote on deploying PROPERTIES=interactive in ebuilds [2].
12 >
13 > [1]
14 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_4f3815d44c50f988c8072eccb504c803.xml
15 > [2]
16 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_1266d26d46320ed4d373a8d540577cad.xml
17
18 I might not send an agenda out because this thread was so short and
19 sweet, and I'm fairly busy.
20
21 The additional item I'd like to add before PROPERTIES is whether there's
22 any need for the council to approve either of these. I don't recall us
23 approving cache changes in the past -- I think that's been done by the
24 portage team.
25
26 I tend to say we don't need to vote on PROPERTIES in cache, but perhaps
27 we should on 'interactive' so that global ebuild variables, even without
28 EAPI changes, are approved by the council.
31 Thanks,
32 Donnie
33
34 Donnie Berkholz