From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: auto-detection of unpack dependencies
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:15:22
1 Ciaran McCreesh kirjoitti:
2 > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 04:14:18 +0200
3 > Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
4 >> As a result of Cardoes earlier mail we talked a bit about possible
5 >> solutions in #gento-portage, and I suggested to let portage
6 >> automatically inject the deps based on SRC_URI pattern matching.
7 >> A mapping of extensions and their unpack deps would be kept in the
8 >> tree (e.g. mapping '.tar.bz2' to '( app-arch/tar app-arch/bzip2 )'
9 >
10 > Could do it just as an eclass...
11 >
12 > inherit work-out-my-unpack-deps-for-me
13 >
14 > In principle, there's nothing that can't be done on the ebuild side
15 > here.
18 Wouldn't this also require having a variable like SRC_URI or
19 AUTODEP_SRC_URI above inherit?
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri