From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SSL-Certificates and CAcert
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:14:17
1 Am Donnerstag 27 September 2007 schrieb Andrew Gaffney:
2 > How does a CAcert certificate help? Their own certificate for
3 > https://www.cacert.org/ can't be verified by Firefox 2.0.0.7, which tells
4 > me that their CA isn't trusted by default.
5
6 They're workin on that, goal is to include in ff. But anyway, I think it still
7 helps.
8
9 On many IT events cacert is present and you can get their fingerprint. Beside,
10 you only have to import their root-cert once and get verification for all
11 cacert-pages out there, not only gentoo's. That's the whole idea and it's a
12 lot more comfortable (and secure) than self-signed I think.
16 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
17 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber: hanno@××××××.de