From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/PyQt4: PyQt4-4.7.6.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:00:40
1 On 09/11/2010 10:31 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 11-09-2010 21:29:22 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >>>>>>> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>> Update EAPI. Fix dependencies.
6 >>
7 >>> This message does not tell why the EPREFIX stuff was removed.
8 >>
9 >> Come on. EAPI was updated to 3, and removal of the EPREFIX assignments
10 >> are part of that.
11 >
12 > I thought the same initially, then I realised that Petteri probably
13 > meant that "Update EAPI" doesn't really say anything. Mention EAPI=3
14 > in the commit message and it is all clear. (From the ChangeLog
15 > perspective an EAPI bump/update shouldn't really matter much as it
16 > shouldn't change anything for the user.)
19 I was thinking it could have been something along the lines of "Fix
20 dependencies and cleanup the ebuild by making use of EAPI 3." For me the
21 connection between EAPI 3 and the prefix was not obvious so probably not
22 for everyone else either. I agree with Fabian that ChangeLog should not
23 be verbose about things that don't affect users in any way. For that
24 kind of stuff you can be verbose in the CVS commit message.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri
28