From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:11:24
1 On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:45:24 -0400 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 20:33 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:00:59 +0100 Stuart Herbert
5 | > <stuart@g.o> wrote:
6 | > | I've created a new project, called Gentoo Seeds [1]. The aim of
7 | > | the project is to create stage4 tarballs which can be used to
8 | > | 'seed' new boxes with ready-built Gentoo solutions.
9 | >
10 | > Wouldn't this be considered a wide ranging feature or enhancement to
11 | > Gentoo?
12 |
13 | It doesn't seem to affect a large set of people, it's totally
14 | optional, and right now, it's just exploratory. Do we really need to
15 | mire it in bureaucracy? I'm honestly asking.
16
17 A GLEP doesn't have to be bureaucracy. It can be nothing more than a
18 way of ensuring that the correct technical decisions are made. For a
19 project that could end up affecting a lot of people, getting the design
20 right and determining exact goals is a very useful first step.
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org