From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Qt3 mask breaks significant science packages
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:25:35
On 03/13/2010 01:07 AM, Ryan Hill wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:33:12 +0100 > Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote: > >> On 12 March 2010 16:59, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote: >>> Or like the old gtk-1: completely abandon the package and let the >>> consumers upgrade slowly. IMHO this is the less annoying approach for >>> everyone. >> >> Abandoned packages do not belong in the portage tree. That's >> why we have a treecleaners project. > > The treecleaners project is tasked with keeping these packages working, and > removing them only if there is no other alternative. > >
That's the ideal situation, unfortunately treecleaners is currently so understaffed it's not necessarily always true if a package is broken, and been in treecleaners queue for too long, and it would be a semi-trivial fix, it simply doesn't get done without manpower So devs: Please join treecleaners project :)