From: Douglas Pollock <pollockd@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problem with iptables
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:52:53
1 I've seen similar problems before, and it happened when I tried to add IP
2 tables support to an existing kernel. Is this what you are trying to do?
3
4 I don't know if this will help, but:
5
6 Did you execute "make clean" on the kernel tree before compiling? If so, then
7 you might want to copy your ".config" in the root of the kernel source to
8 your home directory, executing "make mrproper" and then copying the config
9 back. (I've seen some wonkiness with dependency checking on the Gentoo take
10 on the Linux kernel.)
11
12 So something like:
13
14 make clean
15 make dep bzImage modules modules_install
16
17 Check to see if it works. If not....
18
19 cp .config ~/
20 make mrproper
21 cp ~/.config .
22 make dep bzImage modules modules_install
26 Good luck,
27 Doug.