From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkgdev commit and gpg-agent
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 00:29:17
1 > On 1 Aug 2022, at 16:49, Andrey Grozin <grozin@×××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello *,
4 >
5 > Sorry for a very naive question.
6 >
7 > In the past, I used
8 > repoman commit
9 > to commit a new ebuild. I got a text screen in my terminal where I typed my
10 > passphraise (if I then committed something else within the timeout, I didn't
11 > have to re-type it).
12 >
13 > Now we are recommended to use
14 > pkgdev commit
15 > instead. But it does not ask for my passphraise, just writes an error message
16 > that it cannot sign my commit.
17 >
18 > If I commit something with repoman and then (within the timeout) commit
19 > something else with pkgdev, it works.
22 See https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Pkgdev#git_signing_errors.
23
24 My guess is that repoman is picking up the right key but pkgdev, because
25 It just asks git, isn't.
26
27 repoman would use a configuration option in make.conf while pkgdev does not.
30 > Thanks in advance,
31 > Andrey
35 Best,
36 sam