From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 21:14:26
1 On Friday, October 14, 2016 4:00:53 PM EDT William Hubbs wrote:
2 >
3 > Remember that src_compile could be in an eclass or the package could be
4 > using the default src_compile for the EAPI.
5
6 FYI, the main Java eclasses, ant and simple, have default src_compile. I have
7 lots of Java ebuilds without such. I have modified both those eclasses default
8 src_compile with improvements.
9
10 I have an open PR that does just that now for auto classpath in Java ebuilds.
11 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/2286
12
13 I remember very well that eclasses provide default functions such as that.
14 I use them all the time :)
17 William L. Thomson Jr.