From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Eclasses (=inheriting ebuilds) for kde are ready
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 09:43:58
1 Hi all,
2
3 The new "eclasses", and inheriting ebuilds, are ready. They are on cvs in
4 /usr/portage/eclass and as kde packages 2.2.1-r1. They are masked for now,
5 until drobbins declares eclasses officialy stable. Please test them if you
6 can; just unmask them.
7
8 Currently all kde-base and kde-i18n packages are available, plus the new
9 kdevelop 2.0.1. A newer, better version of kdevelop (and possibly qt) is
10 expected from verwilst. Also, new ebuilds for koffice 1.1 and the latest
11 quanta, and for all the kde apps we currently have, are expected today and
12 tomorrow.
13
14 The current results are great. any ebuilds went down to 4, 3, 2 lines. The
15 kde-i18n ebuilds went down to 0 (not counting the inherit command).
16
17 For those who are interesed, a howto/readme on writing inheriting ebuilds is
18 coming soon, and after that one on writing eclasses. I plan to make eclasses
19 better documented than ebuilds :-)
20
21 Also, while they are currently only used for kde ebuilds, they might in the
22 future be used for gnome euilds or other ebuilds as well. Suggestions welcome!
26 Dan Armak
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
28 Matan, Israel