From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: [gentoo-perl] Candidates for removal from dev-perl]
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:13:37
1 This message was originally posted on gentoo-perl so it could fester and
2 mature a little first (but then I jumped the gun and decided to post it
3 here :).
4
5 OK, I've done an initial weeding of this list and taken out the obvious
6 "we wouldn't be a distro without these" packages. The following list are
7 those ebuilds in dev-perl that are never depended on by another package.
8 I did do a quick scan of ChangeLog's, following up on referenced bugs.
9 Please let me know if there is anything here that should justifiably be
10 kept (the goal is to remove some of the cruft in dev-perl and get it
11 down to stuff that is actually needed). Thanks kids!
14 Archive-Rar
15 Array-Window: bug 21791, never used
16 AtExit: robbat2 added it, no reason provided
17 Audio-FLAC-Header: bug 103940, referenced ebuild doesn't exist
18 Audio-Tools
19 Audio-Wav
20 Business-FedEx-DirectConnect: bug 59148, interchange dep, interchange
21 doesn't exist any more
22 Business-UPS: another bug 59148
23 CDDB-File
24 CORBA-ORBit
25 CPAN-Mini-Inject
26 CPAN-Mini-Phalanx
27 Cgi-Simple: bug 9992
28 Chart-Math-Axis: bug 21791
29 Class-DBI-mysql
30 Config-Crontab: Bug 124981, not used
31 Convert-BinHex: bug 46332, unused
32 Crypt-Cracklib
33 Date-ISO: bug 4186, undepp'd
34 Festival-Client-Async
35 File-ReadBackwards: bug 27880
36 FileHandle-Deluxe: bug 21008
37 Fuse: bug 118928
38 Geo-IP
39 HTML-Object
40 HTML-SimpleParse: bug 7744
41 HTML-Template-Expr: bug 21549, bricolage
42 HTML-Template-JIT: Bug 124988
43 HTTP-BrowserDetect: bug 21791
44 HTTP-DAV: bug 21549, bricolage
45 HTTPD-User-Manage: bug 31023
46 IniConf: bug 59148, interchange
47 Locale-PO: bug 7735
48 MD5
49 Math-VecStat: bug 88117, dep for portknock (not in tree)
50 Module-Refresh
51 Net-FTPServer: bug 21549, bricolage
52 Net-IRC
53 Net-Kismet
54 Net-Telnet-Cisco: bug 21791
55 Net-XWhois: bug 84801
56 Newt
57 OpenCA-CRL
58 OpenCA-OpenSSL
59 OpenCA-REQ
60 OpenCA-X509
61 PDF-Create
62 Plucene
63 RPC-XML
64 RPM
65 SNMP_Session
66 SQL-Statement: bug 59148, interchange
67 Safe-Hole: bug 59148, interchange
68 Schedule-At: bug 88118, portknock
69 ShadowHash: bug 59148, interchane
70 Text-Aspell
71 Text-CSV-Simple: bug 122118
72 Time-Duration: bug 21791
73 VCP-autrijus
74 Validate-Net: bug 21791
75 Video-Frequencies
76 Video-ivtv
77 WWW-Bugzilla
78 WeakRef
79 XML-Catalog
80 XML-Encoding
81 XML-Filter-DOMFilter-LibXML
82 XML-RSS-Feed
83 YAML-Parser-Syck
84 adocman
85 aww
86 cache-mmap: bug 21549, bricolage
87 gnome2-print
88 gtk2-spell
89 gtk2-trayicon
90 inline-files
91 jcode_pl
92 libvorbis-perl
93 mecab-perl
94 mime-construct
95 module-info
96 net-sftp: bug 21549
97 perl-PBS
98 perlmenu: bug 136223
99 perlrapi: bug 17419
100 perlsieve: bug 23893
101 set-scalar: bug 24607
102 tagged: bug 21174
107 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
108 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
109 Gentoo/SPARC
110 Gentoo/AMD64
111 GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E