From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resurrecting "Project Dolphin"
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 22:03:34
1 > Hello folks,
2 >
3 > it's been a while since I stepped back as a Gentoo-developer (about 1 1/4
4 > years) and in that time I did exactly zero.
5
6 Good news to see you back in action, Benni! :)
7
8 > I hereby request every person make suggestions. Please note, that Dolphin will
9 > be a CLI-based CD only, so no X-Applications will be taken into
10 > consideration.
11
12 In addition to the tools already mentioned by Tobias Klausmann I'd
13 suggest the following:
14
15 smartmontools, ipcalc, hddtemp, pwgen, screen, mailx, mutt(-ng?),
16 net-snmp, bind-tools, telnet, whois, lsof
17
18 I'd like bash as default-shell, but would also provide zsh (and tcsh?).
19
20 Tobias