From: Vikraman <vikraman.choudhury@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo package statistics -- GSoC 2011
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:08:32
1 On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 09:35:26PM +0400, Николай Антонов wrote:
2 > On 08.06.2011 18:36, Vikraman wrote:
3 > > Hi everyone,
4 > >
5 > > I'm working on the `Package statistics` project this year. Till now, I
6 > > have managed to write a client and server[0] to collect the following
7 > > information from hosts:
8 > >
9 > > * Uname, portage profile, timestamp of portage tree
10 > > * ARCH, CHOST, CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, LDFLAGS, MAKEOPTS
11 > > * ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, FEATURES, USE, LANG, SYNC, GENTOO_MIRRORS
12 > > * Repository, Keyword, Useflags (plus,minus,unset), Counter, Size,
13 > > and Build time for each installed package
16 > May be collect hardware info & kernel configs too?
17 > For example cpuinfo, lspci and lsusb(?).
18
19 That's not part of package statistics. There's the smolt project for
20 hardware statistics.
23 > I think, that after 1-3 month after installing gentoo, user can(should)
24 > "receive" newsitem about participating in `Package statistics` project.
25 > This newsitem can contains short instruction how-to install and
26 > configure this tool. And even in other gentoo projects(for example write
27 > short wiki page)
28 >
29 > And, where can I found ebuilds to the `Package statistics` project?
30
31 The server hasn't been deployed yet, and ebuilds will be available soon!
32 >
33 > Sory for my english... and Good luck!
37 Vikraman