From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: trustees <trustees@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [rfc] Rendering the official Gentoo logo / Blender,2.04, Python 2.2
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:14:58
1 On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Mario Bodemann <theclaw@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Sebastian told me about the problem of not being able to render the
5 > logo in recent blender versions. So this is were I stepped in: I tried
6 > it and used the geometries from the old .blender file, and the
7 > yellowish reflecting image.
8 >
9 > Problem was to recreate the exact representation of the original logo,
10 > by new means of rendering and relighting. I tried to solve them by
11 > creating a new material for the g and carefully adjusting the
12 > parameters. Also I added a new modifier for the geometry to get rid of
13 > the ugly seam at the sharp edge. (This does not modify the geometry,
14 > only the rendering of it)
15 >
16 > However, here are my preliminary results:
17 >
18 >  - the modified .blend-file[1] (tested with blender 2.57b)
19 >  - new rendered logo image [2]
20 >  - original logo image (for comparison)[3]
21 >
22 > What do you think?
23 >
24 > Greetings, Mario.
25 >
26 > [1]
27 > http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=g-metal-blend.git;a=blob_plain;f=g-metal.blend;hb=master
28 > [2]
29 > http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=g-metal-blend.git;a=blob_plain;f=g-metal.png;hb=images
30 > [3]
31 > http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=g-metal-blend.git;a=blob_plain;f=g-metal-orig.png;hb=images
34 Hi Mario,
35 Thanks for taking the time to do this, looks great by me.
36 Regards,
37 David
38 --
39 David Abbott (dabbott)