From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AA pointer problem and solution in KDE2.2
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:57:06
1 On Monday 10 September 2001 6:38 pm, you wrote:
4 > > In addition, my old problem came back after remerging kdebase2.2, namely
5 > > AA is only showing up in certain apps and not in the k menu. I know that
6 > > this is my old problem with KDE2.1.1, because if I change
7 > > LD_BIND_NOW=true, then AA is OK again...
8 >
9 > Hm, I've experienced a similar problem but didn't have time to track it
10 > down. Could you please describe the problem & solution, or give me a
11 > pointer?
12
13 Sure. It was discussed a month ago in this list, and somebody (sorry, my name
14 memory is really terrible) gave this solution.
15
16 Problem: AA in KDE2.1.1 (and for me in KDE2.2 too) is only applied to certain
17 apps. Kmail is fine, kate is not, the KDE start menu is not AA-ed etc.
18
19 Solution: change the line in startkde script from:
20
21 "LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit " to:
22 "kdeinit +kcminit"
23
24 Unfortunately this is supposed to slow down the app start time - which I did
25 not noticed at least in my machine (not fancy at all, PII350, 128 Mbyte RAM,
26 Ultra ATA33 drive).
29 -Viktor