From: bkhl@privat.utfors.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] speeding up emerge sync...and being nice to the mirrors
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:10:45
Stanislav Brabec <utx@g.o> writes:

> Once you download "official tar.gz" (you have to have identical bit image; or > tar set - to be more patient to machines with few memory) and later download > only incremetal deltas.
Wouldn't this still break pretty easily as soon as you change anything in your local portage copy? It wouldn't bother me since I use PORTAGE_OVERLAY for all that stuff, but I understand that some people like to be able to put in temporary changes in /usr/portage directly. Also, you would have to deal with distfiles, which could of course not be part of this tar.gz. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list