From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:52:18
1 On 17.6.2010 17.10, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Duncan,
5 > On 06/17/10 09:56, Duncan wrote:
6 >> DevRel is
7 >> understaffed. I've seen observations to the effect that most developers
8 >> aren't interested in getting involved in that area, particularly in
9 >> reference to the conflict resolution subgroup
10 >
11 > when I offered to join DevRel last time in reply to a thread called
12 > "Devrel needs new members" Petteri told me:
13 >
14 > "The amount of interest has surprised me so I'll first need
15 > to talk with existing members to see how many makes sense to
16 > train in at this point."
17 >
18 > I'm unsure if that refered to conflict resolution, recruiting or both.
19 > Petteri?
22 We had interest in all areas of DevRel operations. I know I am a bottle
23 neck at the moment. I didn't actively seek this position but accepted
24 nomination when asked to. Currently my priority are the three GSoC
25 projects I am the project owner for. If other (older) DevRel members
26 feel like training new members they are free to do so.
27
28 Regards,
29 Petteri