From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] clean deprecated eclasses(?)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:29:51
1 Petteri Räty a écrit :
2 > Peter Volkov kirjoitti:
3 >>
4 >> May be we should punt them from the tree?
7 > Eclasses can't be removed...
8
9 Arguably we could specify a time period before they can be removed? This
10 is probably GLEP material though :)
11
12 > Maybe we should have a deprecated eclass for showing a common messaged
13 > that certain eclasses should not be used. Then deprecated eclasses could
14 > be detected by looking if they inherit deprecated.
15
16 Maybe we could just extend the eclass API to have a
17 DEPRECATED="yyyy-mm-dd" variable at the top of the eclass - which would
18 move the burden to the PM - instead of adding yet another eclass (which
19 we wouldn't be able to remove :p)
20
21 Cheers
24 Rémi Cardona