From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] How do we handle stabilisations of not-exactly-maintained packages
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:33:33
1 On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 23:18 +0200, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > Well it would be something like priority based queue with maximum 60
3 > points value.
4 > Each update after the month in main tree would get 0 points for
5 > stabilisation, any-developer / maintainer would be able to add up to
6 > 40 points to any package and security team members would be able to
7 > add all 60 points. Security team/any developer would also have
8 > possibility to add new packages to queue manualy.
9
10 This sounds to me like you are trying to automate common sense. If you
11 see packages that have good ~arch ebuilds that appear to be fermenting,
12 please file a bug. Rumours of unresponsive arch teams have been greatly
13 exaggerated!
14
15 The worst that could happen is that a more exotic arch sees your bug and
16 decides "sorry, we would rather unkeyword it" rather than "okay, we will
17 stable that". Either way seems a valid outcome though?
18
19 I can't speak for other arches than AMD64, but we are happy to receive
20 more than the current influx of bugs, particularly if you are willing to
21 take suggestions to heart (a lot of QA niggles get shaken out in AT
22 reports lately).
23
24 Regards,
25 Tony V.