From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-im/qutecom: metadata.xml ChangeLog qutecom-2.2_p20110210.ebuild
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 02:46:57
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-im/qutecom: metadata.xml ChangeLog qutecom-2.2_p20110210.ebuild by "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn"
On 00:31 Mon 03 Oct     , Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
> It may be obvious to you, but it certainly is not obvious to me why > linux-headers downgrade is so bad. If vapier's unsupported out-of-tree > software fails to build against old linux-headers, then he has to make > sure to have the correct version installed before proceeding. Blaming > that on qutecom is far-fetched IMO.
There's like a million packages that use features in linux-headers, so it's not a isolated effect as with xorg-server. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Council Member / Sr. Developer Gentoo Linux Blog: http://dberkholz.com