From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 12:22:30
1 On 11/1/15 7:16 AM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > Ahoi,
3 >
4 > I'm getting mildly very irritated with the lack of easily accessible
5 > ChangeLogs for our packages.
6 >
7 > Apparently updating them stopped some time in August, so now there are
8 > some outdated ChangeLogs that don't really serve any purpose, and the
9 > easiest way for users to figure out why something changed is to yell at
10 > the clumsy gitweb.g.o interface. So instead of grep we now need lots of
11 > patience.
12 >
13 > This does not look reasonable to me.
14 >
15 > Can we please either properly remove ChangeLogs and tell people to not
16 > be curious about changes, or make them useful again?
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 >
20 > A Gentoo User.
21 >
22 I don't have strong feelings about this, but I'm happy with `git log` to
23 tell me what's going on with packages. I would be okay with the
24 ChangeLog files just being archived and removed.
27 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
28 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
29 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
31 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA