From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:52:48
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > What are others feelings on this? What issues do you see with having a
3 > wiki? Do you see anyway to resolve the issue you see with us having a
4 > wiki?
5
6 +1! I have set up several wikis for work projects and used many others
7 to great benefit. Even those (on my work projects) who were skeptical
8 at first warmed to the idea and quickly became dependent on such tools.
9
10 As for Wikipedia, there is always the fear that the info will be
11 incorrect, but time has shown that wikis tend to be very accurate and
12 get corrected quickly when not.
13
14 -Joe