From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: "Olivier Crête" <tester@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gnome@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 04:44:21
2010/6/21 Olivier Crête <tester@g.o>:
> On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 20:12 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote: >> I'd like to propose a new global USE-flag: introspection. > ... >> Any objections? I'll wait till Wed (June 23rd) before adding this if >> there aren't any. > > Do we really want it to be a USE flag ? I would force it on always for > everyone. Due to the direction in which GNOME is heading, it will be > required by the core desktop anyway.
In addition to what Nirbheek pointed out, I think a USE flag would be useful for embedded setups where you might only want introspection for a subset of libraries. I do agree with you about it being part of the core desktop and required by most users, so it will be enabled by default for all ebuilds. Cheers, -- Arun Raghavan http://arunraghavan.net/ (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)