From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-newbies@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-newbies] Runlevels
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:58:47
1 Philipp Kuegle wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to add two Init-Skripts to runlevel default. In the first
5 > Skript I wrote:
6 >
7 > depend() {
8 > need net
9 > provide shorewall
10 > }
11 > ...
12 >
13 > In the second I wrote:
14 >
15 > depend() {
16 > need shorewall
17 > }
18 > ...
19 >
20 > When I "rc-update add shorewall default" I get the Error message:
21 >
22 > * shorewall added to runlevel default...
23 > * Caching service dependencies...
24 > * NEED: can't find service "shorewall" needed by "adsl";
25 > * continuing... [ ok ]
26 > * rc-update complete.
27 >
28 > Where is the mistake? In the first Skript I provide shorewall.
29
30 I am redirecting this over to gentoo-dev, as this is more of a newbie dev
31 question than a newbie question. Please follow-up to gentoo-dev only.
32
33 The need functionality is not a virtual dependence like in our virtual
34 ebuilds. Using your example, "need shorewall" will be fulfilled by the
35 script /etc/init.d/shorewall.
39 Chad Huneycutt