From: Eliud Herrera Rojas <eliudhr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Congratulations !!
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 20:40:50
1 Hi Gentoo Dev.!
2 Congratulations about your excelent work.!!
3
4 My name is Eliud, I 'm form Mexico. Last January I
5 try to install Gentoo Linux on my Athlon 1.2 Ghz. The
6 base system works very well, better than other
7 distros. I use Slackware 8.0, because its a clean,
8 solid and easy distro. I like Gentoo, because it has a
9 portage and its writing from Scratch.
10
11 I leave Gentoo because i have a slow connection speed
12 (modem dialup 56kbs), and it hang each 8 hours, and i
13 try to install the KDE stuff and failed every time
14 :-(.
15
16 The question:
17 Why it does not have a Gentoo ISO image with all the
18 Stuff for download and install from Source CD ( Gnome
19 and other basic utilities as VIM, Abiword, Apache,
20 etc.), instead download step by step.
21
22 Thanks foy your attention, and my excuses by my bad
23 english
24
25 Eliud Herrera Rojas
26
27 =====
30 =) EliudHR =)
31 www.utm.mx - www.linuxsalvaje.20m.com - Linux User: 134080
32
34 Do You Yahoo!?
35 Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
36 http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/