From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:24:13
Robin H. Johnson писал 2012-05-23 20:19:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 07:58:17PM +0300, Alexey Shvetsov wrote: >> Isnt git works with shallow clone? like >> # git clone --depth 1 <or any other desired value> >> git+ssh://gitrepo.uri::repo >> >> So you can clone in this manner and push changes back >> >> Also for depth = 1 pack size will be similar to gzipped rsync >> snapshot >> (~40M) > The shallow clone is still a shallow clone of the entire repo, and > you > get the subtree checkout as just part of that. > > Shallow clones are also read-only last I checked.
That isnt true =) you can commit from shallow clone if and only if original repo doesnt have a branching and merging points before and after shallow clone point respectively -- Best Regards, Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Gatchina, Russia Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Gentoo Team Ru Gentoo Linux Dev mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com mailto:alexxy@g.o mailto:alexxy@×××××××××××××.ru