From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multiple dependencies with installing packages from the CD
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:27:59
1 On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 06:17:36PM -0000, Sean Cull wrote:
2 > Is there a program/utility to install packages from the CD that require
3 > multiple dependencies? Like installing Xchat requires GTK, requires
4 > Gnome-libs, etc... At times, it makes installing packages rather difficult.
5 > Hopefully I'm not the only one that has come across this.
6 >
7 > Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)
8
9 Recursive pkgmerge will work in 1.0_rc4_pre3. We have a mostly-working
10 recursive pkgmerge on the latest CVS version of Portage, but it requires
11 packages to be organized in category sub-directories (right now, they're in a
12 single "all" directory). We will also very likely have a slight
13 backwards-compatible change to the package format in 1.0_rc4_pre3 to make
14 recursive pkgmerge workable.
15
16 So, we're working on it; please stay tuned :)
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
22 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org