From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: www-client/phantomjs and dev-ruby/poltergeist
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 06:38:40
1 On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 21:11 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 >
3 > Just 30 days to overhaul things on top of other work is a serious
4 > problem for anyone with time issues already.
5
6 I've updated the proposed timeframe in the mask to 90 days.
7
8 > ( I only consider my own use of this "amateur" at best right now, and
9 > even with such a low usage I have a hard time working out what I need
10 > to do to stay current, I'd hate to know what its like for people
11 > relying on this in their production testing toolchain :/ )
12
13 As someone who used this in production we were already aware for some
14 time that this was an issue. E.g. not getting updates when all other
15 webkit packages did get updates was a clear indicator of future
16 trouble.
17
18 Hans